Trusts, Estate Planning & Administration
Estate Planning, Trusts and Administration is a very individualized practice at Reicker, Pfau, Pyle & McRoy, LLP. No individual or family has precisely the same goals or circumstances. Our attorneys have decades of experience designing creative, effective plans fine-tuned to the goals and needs of our clients. We work with individuals, families, entrepreneurs and businesses requiring sophisticated tax planning, and we are able to draw on the resources of Reicker, Pfau, Pyle & McRoy’s well-established resources. Our services include:
- Estate Planning: We provide creative, effective plans that are focused on the goals and needs of our clients and their families.
- Estate Administration: We settle estates on behalf of professional fiduciaries, attorneys, or individuals named as executors or personal representatives.
- Trust Administration: Administration of trusts through the acting or successor trustee in a private, non-court supervision role.
- Litigation: We represent fiduciaries and beneficiaries in trust and estate disputes.
- Non-Profit and Charitable Organizations: We assist with tax-exempt status, governance, regulatory compliance and planned giving progams.
- Sophisticated Plans
- Charitable Plans
- Execution of estate plans
- Probate court filings
- Management of federal and state estate tax audits
- Preparation of estate tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns
- Management of income tax consequences
- Disposition of assets, including trust funding and devices in sophisticated plans considerate of tax considerations
- Obtaining valuations of probate and non-probate assets
- Estate account preparation
- Settlement of claims against estates
- Preparation of fiduciary income tax and generation-skipping tax returns
- General administration of trusts
- Understanding and managing complex family situations, assets and specialized tax-sensitive trusts
- Providing tax and financial advice and planning distributions while working with beneficiaries and co-trustees
- Communicating the purposes of the trust with beneficiaries
- Litigation Avoidance: We seek resolutions without litigation. However, when disputes do arise, we will use our considerable resources to design effective litigation strategies and negotiate complex settlements as neccessary.
- Legal Counsel: Counseling corporate fiduciaries and private trustee offices on the establishment and management of fiduciary businesses; identifying and managing fiduciary risk.
- Business Succession Planning: We advise family-owned businesses in all aspects of planning or structuring the transition of management and ownership of the business to the next generation. Legal structures typically involve planning for real estate owned and controlled outside of the family business and planning for children and grandchildren who will not be involved in the active control and ownership of the family business.