For over 25 years, Reicker, Pfau, Pyle & McRoy, LLP (“Reicker Pfau”) has been a leading full-service law firm serving the Santa Barbara community and clients throughout California and the United States. Reicker Pfau has a well-earned reputation for effective and personalized counsel and advocacy in a variety of practice areas, including business transactions, real estate transactions, corporate law, civil litigation, land use, employment law, and estate planning. As a workplace, Reicker Pfau offers a collegial, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment that encourages associates to take ownership over their careers and their place in the firm.
Our business litigation law firm is currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill a Junior to Mid-Level Litigation Associate position. Our firm’s litigation practice includes commercial and business disputes, employment litigation, trusts & estates, real estate, and land-use matters. We are looking for a candidate with between two and five years of experience to initially fill a supporting role in litigation matters and to transition to assignments with greater responsibility. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic, works with minimal direction and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafts pleadings and pre-trial motions and oppositions.
- Initiates and responds to written discovery requests.
- Takes and defends depositions of clients, opponents and third party witnesses.
- Conducts thorough legal and factual research to support court filings and advice to clients.
- Communicates effectively with clients and opposing counsel
- Attends pre-trial court appearances.
- Assists senior litigation counsel in preparation for and participation in arbitrations and trials.
- Assists in the preparation of post-trial motions and appellate briefs.
- Delegates work to paralegals and legal assistants and supervises their work product for accuracy and completeness.
Qualifications and Skills
- Admitted to practice before the California Bar.
- Two to five years’ experience, preferably in civil litigation.
- Excellent reading comprehension, writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent decision making, critical thinking and active listening skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn new software required for litigation support.
- Ability to conduct legal research (Westlaw) and to use other online tools to efficiently complete required filings.
- Ability to take direction, manage time, and work independently.
Salary and Benefits
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer excellent salary and benefits, including generous health insurance, participation in 401(k) and Profit Sharing Retirement Plans, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. The Base Salary range for this position is $120,000-$150,000 per year, depending on experience and credentials. The Base Salary does not take into account performance-based bonuses, profit-sharing contributions, and other benefits.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to our Chief Operating Officer, Tami Cook, at email@example.com.