Areas of Practice
Alan Blakeboro specializes in employment law, public pension law and civil writs and appeals. Alan advises business clients regarding employment policies, practices and employee disputes and serves as general counsel to the Santa Barbara County Employees’ Retirement System. Alan has successfully represented businesses, individuals and public entities in numerous administrative writs and civil appeals.
Alan is a Santa Barbara County native and is a graduate of Santa Barbara High School and UCSB. He has practiced in Santa Barbara since 1986 and has been a partner of Reicker Pfau since 2000, and served as the firm’s managing partner for many years. Alan resides in Santa Ynez, California and is active in the Santa Ynez Valley community.
- Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County, Board of Directors, 2012 to present
- Artist Advocacy Foundation, Board of Directors, 2009 to present
- Advises employers on employment policies and practices and represents them in litigation of wrongful termination, discrimination and wage and hour disputes
- Serves as general counsel for a public pension plan and represents the system in litigation and appeals
- Represents business clients in disputes regarding the protection of intellectual property and appropriation of trade secrets
- Assists property owners in resolution of claims related to easements and boundary line disputes
- Represents business owners in resolution of disputes regarding ownership and corporate governance
Alan has successfully represented clients in numerous unpublished decisions of the California Court of Appeals as well as a number of published decisions including the following:
- McIntyre v. Board of Retirement (2001) 91 Cal.App.4th 730
- Advanced Modular Sputtering Inc. v. Superior Court (2009) 132 Cal.App.4th 826
- Astorga v. Board of Retirement (2016) 245 Cal.App.4th 386